2011 Annual Report
The Sun Life Financial Inc. 2011 Annual Report details our 2011 results and outlines our priorities for 2012.
Despite challenging global market conditions in 2011, we continued to make excellent progress with product and service innovation to improve customer service, growth in our asset management businesses, new strategic partnerships and strong sales.
For 2012, we have refocused our strategy to reduce volatility, improve returns and accelerate growth. With an emphasis on high-performance and execution, we will help our customers achieve lifetime financial security and enhance lasting value for our shareholders.
Before reading the Annual Report
- Read about the Use of Non-IFRS Financial Measures and Forward-Looking Information [PDF, 2 pages, 28 KB] in the Management's Discussion and Analysis section of the report.
- All files are provided in Adobe Acrobat. Download a free version of Adobe Reader.
Shareholders and policyholders can access the Notice of Annual Meetings and Management Information Circular [PDF, 96 pages, 2.1 MB] and additional information under Annual Meetings.
- Financial highlights [PDF, 1 page, 39 KB]
- Chairman’s message [PDF, 1 page, 75 KB]
- Chief Executive Officer’s message [PDF, 1 page, 74 KB]
- The world of Sun Life Financial [PDF, 2 pages, 581 KB]
- Our highlights in 2011 [PDF, 2 pages, 194 KB]
- Our strategy [PDF, 1 page, 168 KB]
- Our commitment to integrity [PDF, 1 page, 166 KB]
- Business strategies [PDF, 3 pages, 201 KB]
- Our brand promise [PDF, 2 pages, 174 KB]
- Public accountability [PDF, 1 page, 114 KB]
- Management’s Discussion and Analysis [PDF, 62 pages, 401 KB]
- Consolidated Financial Statements and notes [PDF, 87 pages, 562 KB]
- Financial reporting responsibilities [PDF, 1 page, 88 KB]
- Consolidated financial statements [PDF, 5 pages, 99 KB]
- Notes to the consolidated financial statements [PDF, 77 pages, 319 KB]
- Appointed Actuary’s Report and Report of Independent Registered Chartered Accountants [PDF, 3 pages, 120 KB]
- Sources of earnings [PDF, 2 pages, 28 KB]
- Six-year summary by segment [PDF, 1 page, 21 KB]
- Eleven-year summary [PDF, 2 pages, 24 KB]
- Board of Directors and Executive Team [PDF, 1 page, 22 KB]
- Subsidiary and affiliate companies [PDF, 3 pages, 29 KB]
- Major offices [PDF, 1 page, 29 KB]
- Corporate and shareholder information [PDF, 1 page, 1.28 MB]
Download the complete Annual Report [PDF, 180 pages, 9.47 MB].
Please consider the environment
Sun Life has a long-standing commitment to sustainability. You can help us lighten our environmental footprint and reduce printed material by downloading the complete Annual Report.
If you require a print version of the Sun Life Financial Inc. 2011 Annual Report, contact us to request a free copy.