Minimize the financial impact of a serious illness
No one plans on becoming ill. But you can plan ahead for unexpected expenses in case you do get sick. Express Critical Illness Insurance has 3 plans that offer coverage for 1 to 7 common life-threatening illnesses or conditions. If you're diagnosed with one of the covered conditions and survive 30 days you will receive a tax-free1, lump-sum2 payment3 to use any way you wish.
You should consider this product if:
- You feel that either $25,000 or $50,000 coverage is sufficient protection
- You want instant online approval – with no medical exam or blood work required
- You like the idea of a 30-day free look to make sure this coverage is right for you
- 18 – 65 years old
- Monthly pre-authorized chequing or credit card
- As soon as you're approved
- When a claim is paid
- When the policy is cancelled. You can cancel at any time and there is a 30-day free-look period
- The policy anniversary after the insured's 70th birthday
- When the insured person dies
Before you enrol, make sure you read the sample policy and understand the Definitions & Exclusions including the pre-existing conditions. When you enrol, you will be asked to answer the health declaration statements.
Cost of this plan
Rates are based on age, gender and smoking status, and increase with age annually.