You are eligible for coverage if:
- You are in Canada when you complete and submit the application.
- You and your family members are Canadian residents and have provincial healthcare coverage.
- Your dependent children are under 25 years old. Dependent children 21 to 24 years old must be full-time students.
You are not eligible to apply if you had or have any of these illnesses or conditions, are currently awaiting doctor recommended tests or investigations, or have a pending surgery.
Information you need before you apply:
- Know which plan you want: Basic, Standard or Enhanced
- The birthdate of each person to be included on the application
- The name and dosage of their prescription drugs
- The names and addresses of their family doctors
Other information you’ll need:
- Your credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or chequing account information. Choosing to pay with your credit card will let us process your application faster.
- If you choose to pay by withdrawals from your bank account, complete this Personal Health Insurance - Pre-authorized chequing (PAC) authorization for web application form 4392 and send it to Sun Life within 20 business days of submitting your application:
Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada
Personal Health Insurance
227 King Street South
P.O. Box 1601 Stn Waterloo
Waterloo ON N2J 4C5
- Definitions of terms used throughout this application
- Sun Life Financial's privacy and security policies, so you know we keep your personal information confidential, protected and secure