Do you have emergency travel medical coverage? You’ll want to read this before you travel.
Printable copy: Emergency travel medical information
If you own a Personal Health Insurance or Health Coverage Choice policy (policy number 037000) and it includes emergency travel medical coverage, then you should read this information before you travel.
Travel checklist – What you need to know when you travel
Sun Life Financial partners with AZGA Service Canada Inc. (Allianz Global Assistance) – our emergency travel assistance provider. Before you travel, please confirm the provider’s contact number by:
- signing in to mysunlife.ca to print your travel card – If you’re not registered, take a few minutes to register now.
- calling Sun Life Financial at 1-877-786-5433.
When you register for mysunlife.ca, you can access your policy information when it’s convenient for you. In addition to getting easy access to your travel card, you can access your coverage details and get faster processing of some claims.
BEFORE YOU TRAVEL
- Carry the emergency travel assistance provider’s current contact information with you when you leave your province.
- Take your provincial health card with you or know your number: __________________.
- Review your coverage as described in your policy. There are some limitations and exclusions to your coverage. Check your policy for details, especially if your health or an existing condition has changed.
- Check the Canadian government’s travel website and read the travel advice and advisory section for your destination: www.travel.gc.ca.
- Keep your proof of travel — receipts for your flight, car rental, hotel accommodation, etc. You’ll need this documentation if you make a claim.
IF YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY WHILE TRAVELLING
- You, someone with you, or hospital staff will need to call Allianz Global Assistance before you receive medical care. Call the emergency travel assistance provider at one of the numbers on the travel card. Service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Any invasive and investigative medical procedures (e.g. surgery, angiogram, MRI) must be pre-authorized by Allianz Global Assistance, except in extreme circumstances. If you don’t contact Allianz Global Assistance, your claim could be reduced or declined.
- When you call the emergency travel assistance number, provide your policy information and describe the situation.
- During the call, your coverage and benefits will be confirmed and you’ll be referred to a medical facility or physician.
- You’ll be asked to provide your hospital, hotel or other telephone number so the emergency travel assistance provider can stay in contact with you.
|Emergency Travel Assistance Information|
If you need any medical assistance, contact Allianz Global Assistance immediately.
Physicians and hospitals can call to confirm benefits and arrange direct payment.
Allianz Global Assistance provides service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
In the USA and Canada, call: 1-800-511-4610
From anywhere else : 1-519-514-0351
Call collect through an international operator.Fax: 1-519-514-0374
|Information you need when contacting Allianz Global Assistance:|
|Policy owner’s name:|
|Policy number: 037000|
|This document is not proof of emergency travel medical coverage. You can confirm that your policy includes emergency travel medical coverage by checking your contract or by calling Sun Life Financial at 1-877-786-5433.|