Most Canadians who suffer a serious health event, experience a financial impact as a result.1 Have you considered how changes in your health can impact your financial plans and choices available?
Don’t let financial worries complicate a difficult situation or limit your options. Get the coverage you need.
What is health insurance?
Health insurance is personal insurance coverage that protects your savings from the many healthcare costs not covered by government plans. There are 4 different types of health insurance products that provide the protection you need at each stage in life. An advisor can help you understand how these products fit into your financial plan.
Types of health insurance:
Personal health insurance
- Personal health insurance provides coverage for health expenses not covered by your provincial plan.
- You choose the plan with the health benefits that best suit your personal drug, dental and supplementary health and wellness needs.
Critical illness insurance
- Critical illness insurance helps pay the costs associated with surviving a life-altering illness.
- If you suffer a covered illness, once the waiting period expires, you’ll receive a cash payment that’s yours to spend any way you wish.
Long term care insurance
- Long term care insurance helps cover the cost when you require substantial assistance from others due to your diminished physical or mental abilities.
- It can help protect your retirement plans and make it easier to choose the care you want when you need it most.
- Disability Insurance helps protect your income if you become disabled and can’t work.
- A few different types of disability insurance coverage options are available.
NEED INSURANCE ADVICE?
Make well-informed decisions with helpful advice. Talk to your advisor or find one near you – there is no cost to talk to an advisor.
Have questions? Let us help. Contact us