Would your loved ones be financially impacted if something happened to you?
If you answer yes, then you should think about how you can help protect them with life insurance.
What is life insurance?
Life insurance can protect the financial security of the people you love by giving them a tax-free payment after you die. The amount and type of coverage you choose will depend on your circumstances and needs.
While you may have basic life insurance through work, it may not be enough to meet your needs, and your coverage typically ends when you leave your job. The cost of life insurance you buy as an individual depends on your age, gender, health, medical history and lifestyle.
Types of life insurance:
Term life insurance
- Term life insurance is simple and affordable , providing a fixed amount of insurance for a specific period of time
- In the event of your death, the policy pays a tax-free benefit, to your beneficiaries
- Term life provides temporary protection you can customize to meet your changing needs
Permanent life insurance
- Permanent life insurance is often called whole life insurance because it covers you for your whole life – and some types can build cash value over time.
- Permanent insurance costs are usually guaranteed not to increase from the time you first buy the policy.
- Some permanent insurance plans let you pay for a limited time and you don't have to pay any more.
Participating life insurance
- Participating life insurance is a type of permanent whole life insurance coverage that can be eligible to receive dividends.
- The amount of coverage you choose and your premiums are guaranteed for life.
- You can use the dividends to buy more coverage, reduce your annual premium cost, earn interest inside the plan - or take them in cash. Dividends are not guaranteed.
NEED INSURANCE ADVICE?
Make well-informed decisions with helpful advice. Talk to your advisor or find one near you – there is no cost to talk to an advisor.
Have questions? Let us help. Contact us